Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Camping- Why Not

As I have stated in previous blogs, I have been camping for over 40 years. I have seen many states that I would not have been able to afford. Below are a list of reasons why I camp and what is necessary to have a successful trip.
- The Money
Plain and simple camping is the cheapest vacation you could stay at almost any camp site for between $12 and $36 dollars a night. (the $36 dollar one where we stayed had 3 beautiful pools and 2 extra large hot tubs and an awesome clubhouse with entertainment every night). This inexpensive lodging frees up money to go to an amusement park or some other great attraction.
-Creating a family bond with responsibility
My kids know they both have chores when we go camping and teaching them the right way to set up a tent or building a fire is a great way to form life long attachments. I can remember the first time my dad taught me to clear an area for the tent or how to hang tarps with bungee cords. The kids might not appreciate it at this moment but they will be forever grateful.
-Living in Harmony with Nature
Two years ago we were camping in PA and we found some baby ducks that were abandoned by there mother. The whole campsite pitched in to help these little creatures. My family experienced what it is like to help another living creature, This year we went back and those ducks are now mascots of the camp. We couldn't have that experience in a motel.
-Making Great Friends from All Over the Country-
We have made great friends from many different states and have kept in touch. We have even set up trips with some of these families so we could spend time together.
-The Nay Sayers Arguments
"You need all that equipment" says negative Nancy- You need a family size camping tent, two tarps and bungee cords, a sleeping bag for each person, a camp stove and/or grill, camping dishes and silverware, food and clothing.
"Camping is Dirty"- Most 4 and 5 star campsite rated by Woodall's and other rating companies are immaculate and very resort like in nature. I have rarely had an issue with the facilities and the staff is almost always a pleasure.

I just know that most people who try camping almost always loves it. I know becuase I see the same families everywhere we go. Join us, your kids will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment